Are you wondering what type of hair transplant procedure is better suited for you? Hair loss is a really common issue for both men and women. A hair transplant is a permanent remedy for hair loss problems through surgical means. There are two types of hair transplants FUE and FUT.
A hair transplant surgeon can guide you about the type of transplant you require. If you want to know more, then keep on reading. In this article we will discuss both FUT and FUE hair transplants and how to know what is best for you.
FUT Hair Transplant
FUT is follicular transplantation. In this a strip of skin is taken out from the donor site of the scalp from the back or side of the head. The hair follicles are separated from the skin and inserted into the bald areas of the scalp.
People who are suffering from pattern baldness are the perfect candidates for FUT hair transplants. So, if you require a hair transplant in multiple areas of your scalp, then FUT is your answer. The FUT surgery is only for people above 25 and not advisable for people with certain medical conditions.
Pros of FUT Hair Transplant
- It is a very successful procedure.
- It is a permanent solution for baldness.
- It is a more economical treatment as compared to FUE treatment.
- It doesn’t take much time.
- The hair regrowth from this procedure is very natural.
Cons of FUT Hair Transplant
- It leaves a scar on the scalp.
FUE Hair Transplant
FUE is follicular unit extraction. In this method, the donor site of the scalp is shaved and then each follicle of hair is taken out from the scalp separately and reinserted to the area that requires hair transplant. It is a newer method as compared to the FUT method.
FUE hair transplant procedure is better for those who are suffering from thin hair and want to keep their hair short. People below the age of 25 can have this surgery as well. The cost of FUE hair transplantation is more expensive when compared to FUT.
Pros of FUE Hair Transplant
- The surgery doesn’t leave any scarring.
- It is a permanent solution for hair loss.
- It doesn’t take much time as compared to the other hair treatments.
Cons of FUE Hair Transplant
- The cost of an FUE hair transplant is more expensive as compared to a FUT hair transplant procedure.
There is no major difference between FUT and FUE methods. Since the FUE is newer as compared to the FUT, so it is more preferred. But only a hair transplant surgeon can suggest what type of hair transplant will work best for you. So, it is better to consult a surgeon.