If the word “Kadai Chicken” immediately makes you think of the mouth-watering flavours of garlic, ginger, spices and tender chicken and if you are reaching out to order it from the nearest restaurant, then STOP!
You can cook restaurant-style Kadai chicken at home. Yes, you heard us right! If you’re fearing hours of cooking and waiting to get that right flavour, then allow us to break this myth down for you.
We’ve got the time-tested recipe of Kadai chicken, waiting for you to try it out. So, read on and get convinced that Kadai chicken should be a part of your dinner plan for tonight!
- Chicken cut on the bone – 1 kilo grams
- Oil – 4 tablespoons
- Chopped Onions- 3-4
- 3-4 Tomatoes
- Ginger-garlic paste – 3 tablespoons
- Coriander seeds – 3 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds – 3 teaspoons
- Black peppercorns – 10-12 nos.
- Dried red chillies – 6-7 nos.
- Green chillies (chopped) – 3-4 nos.
- Cashewnut paste 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
How To Cook:
- In a non stick Kadai add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black peppercorns and dry roast these spices for about 3 -4 minutes until you smell a good fragrance. Once roasted, set it aside to cool down. After the dry roasted spices have cooled down, blend them into a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a stainless steel kadhai and add the ginger-garlic paste, green chilis, powdered dry roasted spices and onions and cook until the onions are golden- brown.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, cashew nut paste, salt and half cup water and mix well.
- Cover the Kadai and cook the chicken on a low flame for 15 minutes till the chicken has cooked well.
- Lift the lid of the Kadai occasionally and give it a good stir.
- Once the chicken has cooked, switch off the gas and allow the Kadai chicken to simmer for 10 minutes.
And now the restaurant-style Kadai chicken is ready to be served with a side of pulao or naan. Enjoy!